Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

114 Days Until Our Wedding: A Real Catch-up

First of all....HOLY SHIT I'M GETTING MARRIED IN THREE AND A HALF MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the language but considering what's about to happen in my life, I feel the situation warrants a little excitement :)


So in all of the craziness that is my life, I have been unable (and somewhat unwilling) to blog lately.  However, I have had a lot of wonderful things happen in my continuing life as an engaged woman nearly about to get married.

Well, I got my wedding dress.  Yes, finally all of the waiting is over and all that lace, chiffon and silk belong to me.  Yes, I cried a bit when I put it on.  Yes, it's still to long even though I ordered it in petite.  Yes I still need to lose weight in order to feel better about the way I will look in it.  But to be honest, there has never been a more lovely dress in the history of weddings.  But then again, shouldn't all brides feel that way?

A few weeks ago our lovely friend and photographer, Miss Lilly Hare, drove all the way from Louisiana and took our engagement pictures.  She is simply wonderful.  Even though it was hot, we were all a bit tired from staying up to late and the fact that Devon and I are sooooo awkward in any kind of photograph situation, she in all her amazing abilities molded us into some pretty amazing pictures. Like these:







I don't know if you can tell, but I simply adore this man.  He's my reason for getting up and each day I spend with him gets better and better.


Next weekend is my bridal shower and my bachelorette party.  My wonderful best friend is throwing both of them.  I'm hoping that certain things happen and don't happen but we will see how that goes.  I will definitely post again before and of course after it. 

Until then, I will be busy working on favors and picking out hairstyles :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment