Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

86 Days Until Our Wedding: Dreams Come True :)

This is the story of a girl....

who had a rather large appetite for pretty things :)

so pretty :)



One of the most important things to me when I began to plan this wedding was my wedding dress and how I would look on our wedding day. Silly, I know, but if all of our friends and family are going to be looking at me all day, I better look and feel good about myself.  And I knew I wanted a couture gown that would wow everyone and I wanted to wear something fantastic in my hair. When I began to shop for my wedding dress, my wonderful fiance offered to pay for it...and told me I could get whatever I wanted.  Oh my, what wonderful words those are.  And I even decided to be good.  I wasn't going to even look at dresses that cost over $1500.  And when I found my beautiful dress I was even more pleased that it only cost $1400 dollars.  But somehow my silly wedding addled brain forgot about taxes and it ended up costing $1700 dollars.  Quite a shock to me. (and probably a bit of a shock to my poor sweetheart) I was even fortunate that the bridal shop threw in a veil.  I decided from then I would just make my hair piece and not spend anymore money.



Oh My Goodness.  From the minute I found Emici Bridal accessories from one of the wedding blogs I follow, I knew I had to have one.  Her pieces are so amazing.  Beautiful, delicate, and far lovelier than anything I have created.  And oh so expensive (not saying they aren't worth it, considering the amazing materials she uses)  I simply couldn't afford to purchase one of them to wear on my wedding day.  Alas but a girl can dream....

And lucky for me, Marie, the designer of Emici Bridals likes to give away her work!

I couldn't believe my luck, six months ago, when I entered the first Emici giveaway on Style Me Pretty.  I was sooo desperate to win.  Unfortunately, I did not. :(  But this wasn't my last chance.  I followed Emici on Facebook, on Twitter, hoping for any contest that I could enter to win something, anything, knowing that her lovely hairpieces were what I needed to complete my wedding day look.  And finally...

Lucky me...I finally won!!!

My diligence paid off a few weeks ago, when I couldn't sleep and wound up on Twitter.  Emici was giving away another one of her beautiful pieces!!

And I won!

I seriously couldn't feel any more thrilled or blessed.  I am so excited that I get to wear this on my wedding day: (Sorry for the yucky pictures, my camera is dead so I had to use my phone!)
The packaging was so lovely I didn't want to open it!


So pretty!

The Swarovski Topaz crystals are so pretty!

I am so happy :)





It's silly to want to feel like a princess, or something like that, but this is my wedding day.  And I am very glad that it's coming true.




1 comments:

nata said...

Ohhh good for you!!!
That flower is adorable... Too bad I can afford her prices. The bouquet I wanted was 1200.00. about 1000.00 more than my budget ;)
I found this website, they also make silk bouquets. I love their silk flowers with crystals and pearls and I also love their prices:
http://specialdayboutique.com/html/bouquets.html

Enjoy your Price.

Post a Comment