Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

287 Days Until Our Wedding: About Being Wonder Woman :)

So when I finally decided to sit down and start this blog, I wasn't really sure what to call it.  I was pretty overwhelmed with wedding stuff at the time and I needed an outlet that wasn't my poor fiance to get all of this stuff out of my head.  To give you an example, right around the time I started this blog I started having crazy dreams...such as:


  • I find myself locked outside of the church
  • All of the bridesmaids are there but none of them have dresses
  •  I'm trying to find flowers but all the flower shops are closed
  • Devon is trapped somewhere and he can't make it to the wedding
  • For some reason people are trying to make me marry me ex
  • My mom is screaming during the ceremony and no one will stop her
  • My hair all falls out as the lady is fixing it before the wedding
This and much, much more!!!

If you know me, you know I'm kind of a wound up person to begin with, so all this stress wasn't really helping. I've always liked writing and this experience is going to be a once in a lifetime kind of thing, so I thought I would document it.

Now, I love to make things. Love it.  I learned how to crochet when I was around 10 years old.  I taught myself how to hand sew. I have an eye for taking things and turning them into something else.  And my wedding is going to be unique because of that skill.  

Another thing about me is that I like to do things myself.  I hate explaining things to people and would rather just get it right the first time. 

So that's where the Wonder Woman thing comes in.  I'm determined to do this myself.  And even if I wanted all my bridesmaids or my mom or mother in law to help, that wouldn't really be possible because they all live so far away :(  But luckily they do get to help with somethings.  But for the most part, I like to do things on my own.  Like make my Save the Date magnets.  They are adorable and awesome and I can't wait to send them out.

The best part of all this wedding stuff is that I get a chance to exercise my creativity. I honestly want everyone to leave our wedding gushing over all the amazing details.

And being the wonder woman that I am...I know I can make it happen :)

1 comments:

ayla shiflet said...

I made most of the decorations and party favors for my wedding and had a blast doing so. I think that using my wedding as a creative outlet let me enjoy the wedding planning process a little more than most people. Good luck with all of your projects. :)

Post a Comment