Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

305 Days Until Our Wedding: Our engagement story

Devon proposed to me in a really special way and I want to document it.  I should have done this sooner but alas I've been a bit busy.

So, a week before my 25th birthday, Devon had to take a business trip to Colorado.We wanted to do something fun and special for my birthday, so we decided that we would take advantage of his business trip. We flew in to Durango, CO on the 21st of September and drove to Pegosa Springs (which is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited). Devon had to work so I got to be lazy and stay in the hotel.  The next day we decided to go on a hike to one of the most lovely natural landmarks, Treasure falls.

This place is seriously so, so beautiful!

 Me at the base of the waterfall

So after a short hike, we made it to the base of the waterfall.  With the air being thinner from being in the mountains, my lungs were killing me.  There was this cute little bench in this little alcove of the side of the mountain.  It was so peaceful and there were all these initials carved into the bench.  It was so wonderful.


Just a few moments before getting engaged.

So after we sat there for a while, just taking in the view and enjoying each other's company. Finally I suggested to Devon that we should continue on to the top of the waterfall.  He glanced over my shoulder and told me to look at something. Being the trusting person that I am, I looked.  However upon seeing nothing,  I turned back to Devon and I saw the most precious moment of my life.  He was down on one knee with a black velvet ring box opened to the most beautiful ring. "Amber, I love you so much. Will you marry me?"


My ring. :)

I of course said yes.  And cried. And laughed.  And hugged and kissed him like crazy.  I am so, so happy.  And now of course, I'm in crazy wedding planning mode.  I have ten months left, roughly. And a ton left to do.  And for the most part, I have no idea what I'm doing.  But I'm doing it.  I'm planning a wedding that will be wonderful and awesome and will blow all other weddings out of the water.  Because I'm just that cool.

Until the next time, I'm going to go buy more wedding magazines :)

1 comments:

yani-wany said...

aawwwweee... It was so wonderful Amber. I was imagining the setting while reading. LOL

Post a Comment