Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

294 Days Until Our Wedding: Wedding's Are Expensive!!!

Let me open this post with thanking my wonderful fiance.  He is the one who is my rock, my support system and is footing this bill for this amazing disaster that will occur in just 9 and a half months (isn't that crazy...)


So, the title says it all. Weddings are expensive.  I mean crazy expensive.  It's a billion dollar industry, wedding stuff. Here is a fun little chart so you get the idea :)



 I'm only ankle deep in this mess and we have already spent 3 grand. Isn't that intense?  I mean we try to budget, I clip coupons and now we get to deplete our savings having a giant party.  Well, I guess when I put it that way it sounds like it should be fun.  Not to say that I don't want this.  In fact, Devon would be fine if we eloped and spent our money on some fun vacation.  But I want a wedding.  My parents got married at the courthouse.  So did his.  I want to be able to show my children pictures of me walking down the aisle.  So we will spend the money.  And it will be awesome.  And if you get invited, you better damn well show up.  Or at least get me a present.

Until next time, I'll be trying to figure out how to make my own wedding invitations to save a few more dollars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment