Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

297 Days Until Our Wedding: My Hair Dilemma

So first of all, I have some readers!! Thanks to all the lovely people taking time to follow my ramblings. It's nice to know that someone cares about what I think!! So yay!!

Now on to the real reason for this post.  My hair.  Oh my hair.  It pains me so.  I have thick hair.  Oh I know lots of girls say their hair is thick, but my hair is THICK!!!  When I donated to locks for love when I was in middle school, I had enough hair to do two wigs. TWO!!!  My hair is also crazy.  It's straight, curly, wavy and just weird.  That being said, I never, ever know what to do with it.  If I do bother to brush it, I either straighten it or just put it up in a pony tail.  And you did hear me correctly, if I bother to brush it.  Yes I am a 25 year old woman who doesn't brush her hair on a regular basis.  In fact, I haven't brushed my hair since....Saturday...yep,  five days ago.  I'm not lazy.  I'm not gross (I wash it every other day and shower everyday.) I don't brush my hair everyday because it is a workout. I mean it.  It is really, really difficult to brush.  I am not exaggerating.

Okay, to prove my point I am going to put up a picture of Anne Hathaway's hair from the Princess Diaries before her magical makeover and a picture of my hair.  Yes, I realize my hair is not quite as dramatic but you'll get the idea.

Quite terrible, I know.

Okay, I realize that yes, my hair is not nearly as "poofy" as her hair in this picture, but I have broken hairbrushes in my hair just like she did. And this is without brushing my hair. (Sorry for the face, but I don't normally let anyone see my "real" hair)

And after I fought with my poor hairbrush for fifteen minutes and pulled out a ton of hair, you are left with this :
Still sooo poofy.

So, there it is.  My hair in all it's awful glory.  I really hate it.  The longer it gets, the harder it gets to deal with.  Sometimes even after I brush it before bed I wake up with these rats nests in the back. It takes nearly an hour to straighten it or curl it. It is slightly easier to deal with if it is shorter but with the wedding coming up I dream of being able to pull of something like this:

But if I cut it, I won't be able to.  So I have to just deal with this crazy hair.  Oh did I mention that I now find random grey hairs on top of everything else??  Sigh...sometimes, I think it would be much easier to be a man.  In the end though, I know somehow I'll be able to pull of some wonderful hairstyle.  

I am after all, the wedding wonder woman :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment